CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Family, Friends and Fun Trip, Part 1

3 days after getting home from our cruise vacation, the kids and I left Laramie and drove straight through to Idaho to visit family. It took us 12 hours, 4 stops and several movies. They did really good and I was grateful I didn't have to extend the trip by stopping overnight.
We stopped at the Perry Rest Stop just south of Brigham City and the kids ran around for the first time since we left Laramie. They needed it. 


 After getting a good nights rest, the next day we went out to visit my Grandparents. Grandpa got out the key board and because very popular with the kids. We didn't stay for more than 20 minutes because the kids are a little over whelming to Grandpa and Grandma. We did have a good short visit. Maybe next time, we'll do a bits and pieces visit with not all the kids at once.

We then headed over to my Brother's house and all the cousins played and had so much fun. We decided that we would have a cousins sleep over while we were in town and started planning. 
 Carter and Cassie are 2 months apart and really enjoyed playing together. I loved watching them play together and enjoy that they had a play buddy.

 Friday morning we meet up with our friends The Norton's who were also in town visiting. It was so good to see them. We went swimming and then to lunch. I love getting together and really miss seeing these guys now that we both live farther apart than ever. I hope we can maintain our family friendship we have.  
After we were done playing with friends, I dropped the kids off at Shawn's parents house where they stayed over with all the cousins on the Sanders' side minus 3. I then went to my parents house and started the process of packing them and getting them ready to move in a few weeks. I'm sure Grandma Sanders took pictures of their activities, but I don't have any to share. If I get some, I'll update here. 

Sunday afternoon we went back out to Michael and Jodi's house for our sleep over. All the kids were ecstatic with joy. We made funnel cakes and watched a movie till bed time. Carter made himself comfortable on Michael's lap and went to sleep. He'd never do that for me if I tried. All the rest of the kids were electric and it took quite a bit of work to get them calmed down and ready to sleep. I wish I would have taken pictures of all of them. With the hustle and bustle, I just didn't think of it at the time.

We left Idaho for Utah on Tuesday and stayed overnight at Shawn's sister, Monica's house in Logan. It was a good, short visit as we continued South to Aunt Thayla's on Wednesday. The kids stayed with her Wednesday night while I met up with my parents, and uncle at the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple to do some family sealings. My mom's brother Clark and his wife Lucy were sealed together in the temple and we also had Lucy sealed to her parents. It was so special to be there and to have that experience.  

No comments: