This morning I had the great idea to take the kids to the community center's Breakfast with Santa. Paige had a rough start to the day so I was wondering if it really was a good idea, but we loaded up and headed out at 8:20. Shawn joined us till 9 then headed off to work. We had pancakes, bacon and hot cocoa for breakfast and it was so nice not to have to cook or clean up after.
Then the kids and I had a talk about line etiquette and they promised to be their best in line waiting to visit with Santa. It was a long line and with all 4 kids by my self, I was worried. Mason alone worries me with it comes to lines. They did amazing, considering. We waited for 30 minutes as the line moved slowly.
Mason could hardly contain himself as it came our turn. We let Carter go first and he wasn't quite sure about this scary bearded guy at first. He was about to cry but then her saw me and I told him it was okay and he decided that it would be okay not to cry. He had that worried look on his face, but no tears. I really love this picture.
Paige asked for somethings and told Santa she was good this year. He told her to listen to her parents and do as they say. In my mind I started to laugh. She is so head strong. Good thing she's a cutie.
I think that Mason scared Santa with all his excited energy. I was worried that he was going to jump on his lap and knock the poor man over. Thankfully, Mason didn't and he enjoyed every second of chatting with Santa. Santa asked him if he wanted a toy car for Christmas and Mason said "NO, not that!" He wants what he wants and that's what he said. I laughed.
Emma went last and was very happy to get some good time with Santa. She asked for a barbie car that you can drive. Santa also asked her if she wanted her two front teeth and she just laughed and didn't answer him.
After visiting with Santa we went over and did some crafts. Paige decorated reindeer and Emma and Mason did a Santa.
Carter chilled eating his candy cane that Santa gave him. He was so sticky and messy with he was done. Good thing he didn't get the whole thing.
When we got in the car Emma said "This was the best morning ever! Thank you Mom"! It was so nice to hear her thank me cause I debated going all week knowing I'd be alone and with 4 kids, that's a hard feat. Thankfully they were really good and I didn't have any melt downs to deal with.





No comments:
Post a Comment