CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Fools on the kids

The only real April Fools joke anyone in our family has pulled off successfully was Shawn, and it was right before he and I got engaged.
I wanted to prank the kids, and it wasn't too hard to do.

I called to the kids it was dinner time, and Emma saw what I had put on the table and came running. She was SO excited for cupcakes.


 As if I would really feed them cupcakes.  These are meatloaf muffins with colored whipped potatoes.  The potato texture was so perfect.  Shawn and I were laughing too hard to take pictures of them trying to eat them.  Emma didn't think it was a funny joke to play on them.
 I also served Jello in a cup to make it look like juice.  Yeah, I got Paige on that.  She kept tipping it higher and higher to get it to come out.  I wish I would have had the camera when she was trying.  I had to go get it from the kitchen, by the time I returned she figured it out and was sticking her tongue in it.
It was a really fun dinner and the kids then realized what April fools was, and the rest of the night we kept hearing "April Fools".  


No comments: