In the 8 1/2 years Shawn and I have been married, we've had very few snow days. Shawn had one while we were attending WSU, but that was because we had like 2 feet of drifted snow that was impassable. The university closed down.
The kids had a snow day last year because they could get the buses out of the bus yard. We had around 18-20 inches of snow.
Now we live in Oregon. March 28 and 29 we had around 5 inches of snow between the two days, and we had 2 snow days. Emma thought that is was crazy. I thought so too, but we only got to play in the snow in the morning because it all melted enough by afternoon, you couldn't play in it.
This is the Van after a full night of snowing.
We lost a few trees on the side of the house, but the park lost a bunch of trees on the other side of the park also. The snow was very wet, and very heavy.
So naturally, the kids and I made a snowman. IF the snow wasn't so heavy we would have made a bigger one, but I couldn't lift the mid section any higher then this. He turned out pretty good looking and the kids were so happy.
.....too bad Luckie liked him also as he ate his nose, gloves and scarf...

No comments:
Post a Comment