Emma is a busy, mischievous, curious, helpful girl who always has something witty to say. The week between Christmas and New Years while Melina was here, we had some good laughs at things she said that she was serious about.
One of the evenings, Shawn BBQ some elk steaks. While eating them, Melina commented on how good they were and Emma pipes in and says " It's so chewy, it's like a gummy bear that lasts forever." We couldn't stop laughing. It was great. I've never heard of meat being compared to gummy bears.
When we were at temple square on Tuesday night, the kids all wanted to throw some coins into the fountains and the pools. As we were leaving the south visitors center we walked past a pool and all the kids were asking for coins. I didn't carry anything on me except Carter and when I told them I didn't have anything, Emma didn't skip a beat and said "How about a coupon?" Seriously? You want a coupon to throw into the pool? It was great! At least she knows a coupon is worth money!
The last evening Melina was with us, we were sitting at the table and I was joking about how Melina wants to go to Walmart since there isn't one where she lives. Melina asked if it was a 24 hour store, and Emma being all serious as I'll get out, says "No, It's just down the street this way", and points her finger in the direction! The giggles were all around the table by the adults, and Emma's just sitting there looking at us like were crazy. She didn't understand what the laughing was all about.
Emma is very active. She's always doing something, even if it's not good. She is smart and really knows how to play a game if she wants to. Since having Carter, she's been a very helpful daughter and loves holding Carter and helping me with him.
We have gone on a few outings in the last few days and it has been nice getting
some fresh air with the kids. I can't even remember the last time we went to the park. She got on the swing and swung so high and for a while. I'm sure she felt so good.
Emma is doing good in school and was so excited to return after the holiday break. She likes to have Mom or Dad visit. Next week she has an animal report to do in class and is so excited that we're going to be there to video tape her report. She continues to improve in her reading and excels in Math and writing. We have parent teacher conference next week and are looking forward to hearing about how she is excelling.
We are thankful for Emma's happy, helpful moments and are grateful when we have good positive moments. She is caring, and creative. Everyone in our family enjoys her creativity, and wittiness. We all never know whats coming next from Emma.


No comments:
Post a Comment