One of my New Year goals, was to bring back my Thankful Thursday post. Here is the first one of a year of posts to come.
- A healthy baby who is thriving. We are blessed to have had healthy children. Although there is the transition period you have with each newborn where you lose sleep, and worry about what every cry means, having to not deal with other health issues brings more peace during a time of change.
- An ambitious husband. He isn't afraid to try new things and to step into unknown territory. With his current change in employment he has taken steps we have not taken yet and while those steps are a bit staggered, they are being taken. I am humbled at the deep dedication that he has to us, his family and his strong desire to provide for us.
- Returned energy. I thought that I'd never feel close to my normal self again during my pregnancy. I am so happy that even though I am still "recovering" from my surgery and pregnancy, I am busy and active. It feels good to feel useful and energized again, even if I am tired of endless nights of disturbed sleep.
- Being able to nurse is not something that everyone can do. I am so grateful that I have been and can nurse all my babies and that intimate time we get to spend together is just that, intimate time. You only get so much one on one time with a baby.
- The gospel of Jesus Christ is such and anchor in my life. Everything that I do, and everything that I am is because of my faith in Jesus Christ. Because I was pregnant close to the Christmas season I reflected a lot on the faith of Mary, the mother of Jesus and the trials she endured to bring forth the Savior of the world. Carter was born in comfort and warmth. Jesus was brought forth in the lowliest of places and he still didn't ever look at his start and state that everyone owed him something, but he served everyone. I hope that I can serve more and be more Christlike in all the things I do daily.
- Helpful children. My house is not a house of happy helpers usually I get the reply when asked to help "I just did it" or " I don't want to" or it just takes forever because they are playing as they do anything. Since having Carter, we still have the non helpful comments, but I also have children who are more willing and less complaining. It is nice for the change, I hope it lasts.

No comments:
Post a Comment