CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The End of More Than Just a Year

As 2011 comes to an end, so does many other things. Many things that we loved, and took comfort in. We have had our challenges like so many others have, but we have also had a huge share of blessings. We count our blessings daily as we gear up for the many changes 2012 has in store for us.
The biggest change we were not anticipating, but Shawn had impressions it was coming. November 2 Shawn was notified that he would be laid off from his job. He had 2 different options (which was nice of his employer) as to when he would leave. 1) He kept his current pay, and schedule and be done November 30. 2) He take a reduced pay option, not receive his emergency pay, loose his benefits and stay on till December 31. After much consideration he choose option 2. Shawn got to work right away and starting looking at clinic's hiring and those that were for sale. The week before Thanksgiving he took off to Idaho, and Oregon to look at some clinics. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving he went to Wyoming and visited a clinic there. After pondering and praying about the clinics he knew which one was a no, and which one he wanted to pursue. We are in that process and hope this week we will make some head way on buying a clinic. In the mean time, his boss here in Payson offered him some work twice a week, paid on a daily flat rate. It isn't great and things are tight, but we both feel that things will work out and that the Lord is mindful of us and our situation.
Because of the change in Shawn's employment, and the pending move, December 11 I was released from my calling as Primary President. I am really sad about the change and will miss serving in the primary, but I know that there is a season to every calling. For now I get to enjoy Carter and finally get to attend Sunday School and Relief Society.
We had our realtor out on Friday and they gave us some comparables for the area in home sales and it was not good news. Unless we want to take a $10,000 loss on our house, we will probably rent it out. We will have it listed for sale by owner and see if we get any hits on it, but if not, we will look at renting it out. Our realtor said he'd help us out with contract agreements, and gave us some good advice. We will be finishing the basement, and hopefully working on finishing the back yard before summer. These are things we had hoped to finish and enjoy while we were still here, but that just wasn't in the plan. I hope the changes awaiting us go smooth and that the stress of change is minimal.
On positive note, Paige ended her time in diapers and is now potty trained during the day time. She talks about not going in her pull up at night, but hasn't successfully been able to stay dry at night. It is good timing on her part to finally be done with diapers during the day and to not have accidents continually through out the day.
I am thankful for the tender mercies that I have felt the last few months and the peace I have had in all the chaos around me. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who calms, comforts and promises us blessings when we are obedient to His commandments. I pray that 2012 is a good year with lots of blessings, but I know we have some hard things to do during this year. I also know that we are not alone in the hard things and that we can do hard things if we work together.

No comments: