CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Horseback Riding

The last day we were in Teton Village, Shawn skipped his afternoon classes (shush, don't tell) and we enjoyed a nice afternoon on horse back. The ride was only an hour, and it was a really good thing for me, as I was pretty saddle sore the next few days. Anything longer and I'm sure I wouldn't have made the trip home.
We went with a group and 2 guides. Our lead guide is from Arizona and it was his first year in Teton Village leading groups. He was 17 and was going to be in the rodeo later that week there in Jackson. We were pretty surprised to hear he was only 17.


My horse's name was Daisy. She was very picky and ornery. Shawn tried to ride next to me a few times and Daisy didn't want him out of line. Every time she would turn and head in his direction. A few times she kicked at him and a few times she bit the horse in front of me just because she was too close to her. I didn't enjoy the ride as much as Shawn did cause she made me nervous.
When we got to the top of the Mountain, the view was amazing. The whole area was so green and lush.


No comments: