CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Family Pumpkin Pie

I don't think that I have ever made a pumpkin pie with non-canned pumpkin. Actually, I am sure I haven't. This year, everyone in our family took a part of making our Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.

Shawn did the planting, watering, weeding and watching. He also harvested, and transported all our pumpkins home when they were done in the garden. Shawn cooked our pumpkin and we put it in this bowl and got it ready for the rest of the process.

Heather squeezed out some extra pumpkin juice as we put it through the food strainer so that the pumpkin pulp was smooth and ready to be made into yummy pie. She also assisted the kids, put it in the oven, and took it out when it was time.

Emma worked on pureeing the pumpkin and making sure it went into the right bowl. She did an awesome job. Emma also took the pictures of Mason and Paige working with Mom. When it was time to pour the pumpkin into the pie, she did that also.

Mason made the first part of our pie crust. He blended the flour and Crisco together. He was really excited to help.

Paige helped with the next few steps and Mason lost interest. She blended the water into Mason's pie start. She then helped get the counter ready for rolling the dough out.

When the time came to add our other ingredients to our pie, Paige was eager to help. She broke 1 egg and Emma broke the other. I think that was her most favorite part of the whole process.
Both Emma and Paige took turns shaking the milk before we opened the can. They were so funny sharing turns.

I didn't get another picture of Emma while she poured this into the pie pan. It looked really good. When our cooked pie came out, it looked even better. We will sure enjoy eating this tomorrow as we all had a hand in making this pie. Some more than others, but we all did our part.



1 comment:

ChrisandTamara said...

It looks great. How did you get the house picture in there? Your kids are growing so much. What great helpers. Love Paige's 2 year old pics from an earlier post too. I've been behind in my blog posting and reading again - so busy with adoption paperwork. I saw your post about your nephew. So sorry about your nephew.