CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Thankful Thursday

Another week has passed, and I wonder how it went by so quickly. Nothing really great happened this week, but I have much to be thankful for.

  • A FHE about Thankfulness went well. I should take a picture and post what we did. We put up a "tree" out of paper on our wall in the kitchen. We traced our hands and then we wrote something we were thankful for on each finger and in the palm. We then hung the hands on our tree as if they were leafs. The kids had fun, and I had fun talking to them about what they think in important and how they realize what they are thankful for.
  • Help by friends when I've been in need this week. It amazes me how many people can just help out when there is a need.
  • Mason's laughter. It is so contagious. I love hearing him laugh, and today of all days, I needed to hear it.
  • Good teachers who care about my kids and get a lot farther with them than I would. Sometimes I wonder why it is I have to fight with Emma to do things that her teacher just has to ask her to do. Some day, I'll know that answer, but it won't be soon.
  • Preparation for hard things. I know that most the time, I feel prepared to handle situation that arise that are hard to get through. I also know that sometimes, I have to tell myself, "I can do hard things" and it will get me through. But always, Heavenly Father helps me through the hard things and everything works out.
  • A Financial ability to take care of things that come up. We have some things we have to have fixed on the van before the end of the month. Without our savings, I'm not sure we would pull it off. You really should save for "a rainy day".
  • Scriptures! They comfort, strengthen, teach, testify and uplift with needed. They inspire me to live my life in a manor that brings me closer to my Savior, and in doing that, I am closer to everyone who I live with, around and close to.

No comments: