CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

July 16~ Our 7th Anniversary

Well, we may be crazy to have celebrated our anniversary by taking the kids to the Dinosaur museum, but we were camping and Vernal is some where we had never been. We did learn some new things and it was interesting, just not romantic.

They had fun little exhibits for the kids to identify didn't things and pretend to be archaeologist. As we drove home, after camping was done, Emma asked us about every mountain side and if there was dinosaurs in the mountains. She even asked if we could dig for one in our back yard.

There is an awesome wall in the museum that has fossils of plant life. It would be really neat to have a wall in our own home like this we thought. It is so pretty and a natural art.


After the museum we went to the Vernal Temple and walked around. Mason really wanted to go inside and see, but you know he couldn't so we settled for sitting in the shade of the tree. We all went out for a Chinese dinner and then headed back to camp for 1 more day.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, I just learned something from your post - I totally get that it's unusual to do "family" things on one's anniversary, but given that your anniversary celebrates the beginning of *your own eternal family*, I don't see a problem with it, either, LOL!!! :) I never put it together quite that way, LOL!!! :)

Glad you had such a good time! :) And I have to tell you - if you ever find a fossil, HANG ONTO IT. :) I found this perfect fossil of a fern branch (shale that split along the relief of the leaves, so it was both sides of it - totally cool) when I was little, and somewhere along the line, since we had so many partial ones all around where we lived, I decided it wasn't worth keeping. Now I WISH I had it, because a) it'd be cool, and b)it'd be super-educational and fun. Anyway, I LOVE fossils, too!!! :) Glad you got to see so many!!! :)