CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catch of the Day

We took the kids fishing last Friday. It is wonderful that Shawn has a few Fridays off and we get to go and do fun things. We went to Payson Lakes, not too far from home, but up in the mountains. We drove around to find the best place for our family to fish and we were happy with where we stopped.
Emma has been asking since before school was out when we get to go fishing. She was so excited to finally be going. We were most happy for her when she pulled out the first fish. Measured 13" long and was the biggest catch of the day. She kept checking on her fish and talking to it the rest of the time we were there. We ate it for dinner that night. :)

Mason caught the next one, and it was really small. While I was headed to him with the camera it jumped out of Shawn and Mason's hands back into the water, so no pictures of Mason and his little fish. He thought it was great to let it go back into the lake.
I caught the next 2 fish. When I pulled the first out, Paige was so funny wanting to see the "fishy" and touch it.



My first catch of the day was 11" and hassle free. I felt good now that I caught a fish, another fishing day I beat Shawn to the catch, but I regretted feeling that way when 2 fish he caught both got away, one of them breaking his line and taking the hook with it. It was just not ready to end his life in the lake I guess.


Emma decided that it was time for her to learn to bate her own hook. So she took the worm and hooked it. She thought she did such a good job, and she did. Too bad she didn't catch anything with that worm.

Paige loved fishing a bit too much. She doesn't actually fish, but she likes the pole and took Mason's from him several time, hence why he didn't catch anything else the rest of the day. I think that before we head out to go camping, she's gonna have to have her own pole so she isn't steeling Mason's and whacking him with it when he tires to get it back from her.


No comments: