CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This may be a long posting, but it is all very true.
  • Teachers who really care about the children they teach. The teaching staff that works with Mason are on top of the game. They just don't sit around and watch them, they are playing with them, teaching them, setting goals for them and loving on them all the time. I met with Mason's teacher yesterday again and it always amazes me how her concerns for Mason and always the same concerns I have. She knows he about as well as I do. It is humbling to know that she truly has his best interest at heart. He has come a long way, but still has a long way to go and they are on board and truly ready to take that trip with him.
  • Safety in our weekend travels. All around us we hear of accidents that take life or change life from injury. This has always been a fear of mine since we have to travel to see family. Before every trip I try so hard to clean my house so it will be nice when we come home. I realized that another reason I clean it, is so if something were to happen to me, things would be in their places and it wouldn't be something else to worry about. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has always watched over us as we travel about. I pray he always does.
  • Mason's 4th Birthday was this last week. He was so excited for it and all day kept saying "it's Mason's birthday." We are so happy to have him part of our family. Stay tuned to tomorrow as I will (hopefully) get his b-day party blogged.
  • Emma's much better today. She had a yucky tummy for about 24 hours. Much of that was in the night. Needless to say, Shawn, Emma or I didn't get much sleep. Lucky for Emma was she was able to sleep much of yesterday morning into the afternoon and today she is as good as new. It is go good to see her back to herself. Although, her sleeping self was easy to handle.
  • Hair cuts for Paige and I. I know I should have been blogging about all of this, but the week has been a busy one. I'll catch up in the next few days. It is so cute to see Paige with shorter bangs that don't hang in her eyes. I love my long hair, but it has just got too hard to manage and the time commitment isn't there. The short hair doesn't allow me to do too much with it, but it is cute, easy, and doesn't allow me to get into a pony tail slump. I do feel as frumpy as I do with longer hair.
  • This thing called weigh loss and I have never been good friends. More my fault than anything. I have realized a few things about my self and know some things that I need to change about me. I know there is more, but it is a process. Those of you that want a change, you first have to figure out what kind of a change you want. I had to decide when I was willing to work out. Then I needed to know what I would stay with. When I put them together, I am more willing to stay true to my self and do what needs to be done to help me be healthy and more energetic with my kids. If I can do this, so can you. If you need a friend to encourage you, let me know. I've got your back.
  • New babies joining many of my friends homes. I am so happy, excited and anxious for them. I am not jumping on board yet to have one of my own, but I am so thankful Heavenly Father has heard their prayers and sent these little babes to good happy homes where they will be loved, taught and cared for by great mothers I look up to as wonderful role models for me. I am so happy for them. I hope you know who you are ladies!
  • Talent from a man I think I know well, but learn more about each time he shares a new talent with me. I am one lucky woman who has a wonderful, caring, handy, money saving, child loving, hardworking husband. Did I tell you that he saved us over $500 fixing our van? Did I mention he left me kick his bottom playing racquetball (maybe he didn't let me, we played hard). Did I mention how wonderful he is. I love him, he makes me a better me.
  • Strong women who encourage me to be strong, steadfast and immovable. I am sure you have no clue who you are, but you help me have the desire to be who I am suppose to be and develop the talents I have been given so I too, can be like you in encouraging others to be their best selves. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by women of faith, love and courage. I hope when I grow up, that will be what people think of me, but more important, that I will think that of myself.

No comments: