CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Happy Birthday Indeed!

We got to go to Nampa for Mason's Birthday this year. We were so happy with all the people we got to see, visit and play with at his party. Mason loves to swim. We haven't been swimming since moving from Pullman, so it has been a while. We thought that he would love to have a party with the family where we could go swimming, and it was indeed a fun activity for all the cousins alike.
I made Mason's cake before we left for Idaho. It turned out good and he LOVED it.

We had his party at the Nampa Rec Center. The rec center had a room we rented where we had cake, opened a few presents, played together and the adults visited. We played pin the tail on the donkey and all the kids really loved it. I think all of Mason's cousins but 3 were there. We were sad they couldn't be there, but understood.
After all the fun in the party room, we moved the party to the pool. Everyone except Grandma Clausen, who took care of Rebecca, and Grandma Sanders, who took care of Caleb, got in and played. All the kids were so tired by the time we got out. It was fun to watch all the cousins play and enjoy each other in a setting they have never been in together before.

Mason was all over. His excitement couldn't be controlled almost. He kept trying to go deeper and deeper. I am sure he didn't realize what happens when you go too far and can't touch.
Paige was a busy body. She was in one pool, than the other and wanted to go from one person to the next as long as they kept her moving. Emma loved playing with everyone and really enjoyed moving about with no one holding on. She was good to stay only where she could touch unless she was riding on the back of some one.
Earlier that morning we took Mason over to Michelle's and had his 4 year pictures taken. They turned out SO good. Mason is hard to get on film. Capturing his personality has never been easy and Michelle did it. I can't wait to get the pictures and share them with you.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

I'm glad I was able to come to the party even though I'm not really family ;) Stillman invited me so I hope you didn't mind. All of the kids had so much fun!

Heather said...

It was great! We enjoyed having you there.

mE said...

Looks like you guys had a REALLY good time! Glad the trip was so fun!

:)

E.

ChrisandTamara said...

Happy Birthday Mason! What a cute cake! Did it take you a long time to decorate that? Looks like he had a fun birthday. What a good idea to have his party at the Rec Center.

Heather said...

Tamara, the longest part of making his cake, was indeed Woody and Buzz. Next time I do it, I will do it in steps.