Right before Shawn and I got engaged, he invited me to come meet him and work and we would go have lunch downtown Boise. At the time, he was working for US Senator Larry Craig and the office was located in the Boise Downtown Post Office just adjacent to the Capitol Building. The offices, however, were behind security. To get to his office, I had to go through a metal detector. No biggie I thought. Had it been now, I would have skipped the metal detector and called him from my cell phone, but I didn't have one. Upon arrival, I put my "extra" stuff in the little dish and walked through and it went off! I thought to my self, "that's odd. I'm not wearing anything that could make a detector alarm." So he had me walk through it again. Well, being gullible, and not thinking in the moment, and more of less panicked that I was going to be stripped searched or thrown in a cell, I did what ever it was he told me to do. You ready for this. I skipped through the detector, walked sideways, hopped through, jumped backwards...etc... get get the idea. Finally he brought out the wand and as he was going up and down my legs, I could hear laughing. Shawn, that man I was about to be engaged to, and put this poor security guard up to this and was having a ball watching me act like a fool, in front of all his colleagues whom I had not even met. Sounds like a great way to meet people huh?
I still to this day have never gotten him back to the level that this would require. That doesn't mean that I don't think about it all year and think about how great it would be to get him back, in a public setting. I am just not a prankster. So, if you ever have any great ideas, please share. But do is secretly. Here is what I can say about being thankful about this event in my life.
- I now look back on it, and laugh. I think about those that watched and laugh.
- I am grateful that I was the means of bring a smile and a good laugh to many around. Someones gotta do it.
- It isn't my most embarrassing moment.
- Every April Fools day, I am aware that someone in my life is going to try something silly. I haven't fallen for anything that crazy since.
So today, I ask you to post a fun April Fools prank either you did, or someone did to you. Leave me a comment and let me know you posted so I can read your version of April Fools Thankful Thursday.
Have a wonderful, happy April Fools day!

4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! I remember that. I can't stop laughing.
I don't have any good april fools stories. I'm not good in that department
That is so funny Heather Awha. I bet you went red. I would have.
Lets see I was going to call Aaron today and April Fool him by telling him that I got in a car accident, after taking his car to Jiffy Lube like he asked me too this morning. But when I called he was in a meeting and I never got the chance to talk to him, until he got home. I told him what I was going to do and he said, That would NOT have been funny. So, no April Fooling for me. Unless I can think of one here soon!
Funny story! That was quite the clever prank. And don't worry we all have our gullible moments... too often.
Hmm... I can relay a couple ideas for future reference, although we're not big April Fool's observers: Kool-aid on the towel or in the shower head; Ramen in the shower head (which I would NEVER actually do, but I hear is really funny)... saran wrapping the toilet (probably a bad idea with kids); taping the sprayer handle on the sink so it sprays the person who turns on the water; meatloaf "muffins" "frosted" with dyed mashed potatoes (Family Fun); extra-salty cookies...
Those are the ones I've heard that I remember. I can't even remember what we did as kids, LOL...
Post a Comment