While on my mission, a family in my second ward gave my companion and I one of these books.
I have been waiting to use it since. I implemented a few of the ideas last year, but not the whole week. This last week, the week before Easter, we did talk about the day and what Jesus did on that day. The Sunday before Easter was Palm Sunday. I cut some branches off a bush in our yard and used them as Palm branches and we made Shawn the donkey, Mason Jesus and the girls waved the branches as the boys entered the room. The kids really liked the lesson, and Emma wanted to re play the evening all week. Another highlight of our week was Thursday night, the last supper. I made food that was custom in that time, and we ate with our hands, sitting on the floor. When I moved the table so we could sit on the floor, I am sure the kids were really confused. We had a great time and really enjoyed trying some new flavors.
We had a family devotional after dinner and talked about Jesus going to the garden to pray and all the events that took place in the garden. Emma had a lot of questions, Mason and Paige, they enjoyed looking and the pictures. I am sure this week will get better and better as they get older and understand more.


4 comments:
what a WONDERFULLLLLLL thing you have done. GOOOD JOB!! and how beautiful. AND I want a copy of that booklet :)
Neat idea!!!!
Wow - what a neat way to celebrate! It was everything I could do (and eventually more than I could do) to keep Kiddo's attention while we made Easter Story cookies, LOL... but yes, the special spirit that is present at Easter time is awesome!!! Glad you guys & your kiddos had such a wonderful time! :)
What a neat idea! I've been trying to express to my kids (mostly Nikki) the importance of the real reasons we celebrate Easter and Christmas. Maybe next year we can try this.
Post a Comment