Since buying our home, our movies and media has lived in a cardboard box. Not because we wanted them to live in the box, but because we didn't have a place to put them. After months of looking, and searching, I suggested to Shawn that he build one. He kept looking though. After a while he finally decided that if he was going to get what he wanted, he'd have to make it himself. We took a family trip to the Home Depot and the kids helped us get all the supplies. I didn't take pictures of the process, as it was a many days with a few hours a day process. When the sanding finally took place, I took out the camera and got some good shots of the beginning product.


I am sure she thought it was a new toy for her to play in. Little did she know.
With the help of a
neighbor who let Shawn barrow a saw, he was able to make it look more that homemade. He really like the finishing product. It took way too much spray paint that we planned on, so the next time we build some custom
furniture, we are going to use paint brushes.


Now that they all have a home, we are on to the next project! The basement. More to come on that.
3 comments:
That is awesome!!! What a professional-grade cabinet - and exactly what you need, of course!!! :) Great job!!! :)
Wow, that looks great! We need one of those!
Wow I am so impressed. It turned out so beautiful. Wish we were closer so he could make me a tv stand that I have pictures in my head and can't find of course. Miss you.
Post a Comment