CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful (busy) Thursday!

Today was AWESOME! I did a few things that I have never done before and we all in all had a great day. Here's what I am thankful for.

  • A wonderful walk this morning in which Paige, Mason and I enjoyed hearing the birds chirping, and the sound of nature, even though we were still in our neighborhood.
  • A fulfilling 3.8 mile walk in under an hour. I have never gone that distance in that time. I even had a good run during that time. ( I am not a runner)
  • A crock pot dinner started early this morning, allowed me to play with the kids, including a few neighbor kids without worrying about when to start dinner. I walked with them while they rode their bikes to the park, and we continued on the path behind our house and got in some fun time together.
  • A shopping trip during Shawn's lunch break that included the purchase of some new medium shirts. Medium and I haven't liked each other very much for about 6 years. We are now best friends.
  • My monthly weigh-in was yesterday and I had good results. 8Lbs and 8 inches in 4 weeks. Yeah me. I wanted to have lost 3 more lbs, but there is always next month!
  • The SUN has finally decided to show its self for spring break. It was SO nice today. I even talked to my neighbor sitting on the grass. All the snow from the weekend melted off quickly, and we are just hoping spring is here to stay and not let winter sneak back in.
  • A really fun bike ride and playground visit to the Elementary school. There was a small group of boys and a father playing baseball and Emma didn't hesitate to ask if she could play. She stood next to 3rd base until they gave he a turn to try and hit the ball. She needs some improvement, but they let her "hit" a home run and she loved it. We all had fun playing together. So happy Shawn didn't get called out on an emergency during our play time.

1 comment:

Curtis and Deedra said...

Good job on the weight loss! Keep it up. We had really nice weather here on Wed and we were outside a lot. So much that I even got a little sun burn. Oops, a small reminder that I can get burned any time of the year. lol