CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Puppy

2 weeks ago a couple came into the clinic with a Cocker Spaniel puppy with a broken leg. Dr. Evans gave them a quote to fix the broken leg, but it was more than they could pay for. They decided to euthanize the puppy. It was 3 months old. Dr. Evans decided to let Shawn practice his skills at surgery and was very impressed with his job. They decided not to euthanize the puppy, but to let it heal and adopt it out. They contacted to owners to let them know, and they were okay with this decision.
Buffy has been on the mend. Her cast came off the end of last week, and it looks good. Her leg is stiff, but some therapy should help. We decided that we would bring her home for Christmas and see if we can help work her leg a bit. Shawn brought her home tonight after work, we explained to the kids that she was here for Christmas, and then she would go back with Shawn the day after Christmas.
Paige has gotten run over several times and is scared of Buffy now. Emma and Mason, well we will just say they are in heaven. I am sure once Buffy goes back to the clinic they will be begging for a dog. She is cute, and real fun to play with, but we are not keeping her.


4 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

Can I have her. I am dead serious. If Stillman will let me. I want her. (He has already told me no, on another puppy. I will see how well I can beg)

Curtis and Deedra said...

So glad Shawn was able to help that puppy. She is adorable!

Amy said...

aww...seriously...you should keep her! :)

Lady of the House said...

Adorable!! I had a cocker spaniel when i was younger and he was the best dog ever. We got a puppy a few months ago now and the kids love him. He's almost like another brother:)