Shawn is on call this week. He worked a half day on Christmas Eve. While he was busy at work helping others, we were busy working at home on making our cookies for Santa. The kids did a lot of helping and really enjoyed doing their part.

Notice how much of the eggs made it to the counter and not the bowl. After he spilled the egg everywhere, he kept repeating " messy messy Mason!" Silly boy.

Almost done.

The cookies were on the counter cooling and I ran down stairs to check on some things, when I came back this is what I found:

Guess Mason thought that he needed to test them and make sure they were good enough for Santa.
After lunch Shawn came home and he took the kids out to play in the snow while I worked on making our pie and the rest of the
yummies Christmas eve brings. The kids had so much fun.



Emma ended the our outside play by running into the stump in the back yard and got stuck. It was so funny watching her try to get free.

The time outside was cut short as Shawn was called out for an emergency. He wasn't gone long, but the kids had to come in so I could finish baking and cooking. I think every Christmas Eve Shawn has taken the kids out to play while I cook. I think that is a great tradition.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, you've got such awesome pictures! :) What a treasure... glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, and that Shawn was only called away for a short time!!! :)
Post a Comment