CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 21, 2009

She's turning 5!

Emma turns 5 this next week, the day after Thanksgiving to be exact. We are going to be in Idaho this year for Thanksgiving, so we decided that we would do a little family party before we left home to go to Idaho. She really wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese's, but it is in Orem, and Shawn is on call and we decided to stay closer to Spanish Fork. Carls Jr. was just remodeled, and they have a play area, she's been asking to go there for a while, so that is just what we did.
Paige even played in the toddler area and loved playing with the other older kids that were there.

Mason enjoyed Emma's little family party. He kept singing "Happy Birthday to you" all day long. As I was working on Emma's cake, he kept sneaking up and poking his finger in the frosting. I don't know how he kept slipping under me with out me noticing him.

After dinner, we had Snow White cake. It was fun to put together, but I really didn't feel like I did Snow White justice. I couldn't figure out how to put the candles in, so they were just sticking out the side of the dress. Emma loved her cake! She changed her mind every time I asked he what kind of cake she wanted, so I made her sit down with me and look at some cakes to get some good ideas. Snow White won out!

It was good cake. Pink, Blue and White. Her favorite colors.

Paige did her best at saying Happy Birthday when we were singing, and she was SO excited! When I took the cake back to the kitchen counter to cut it, she got really sad and started crying hard. I think she though that she wasn't going to get any. She really made a mess of what she got.
I couldn't believe how Mason downed his cake and Ice Cream. I would have gagged at some of the bites he was taking. I think that my kids were all telling me that cake on birthdays is not often enough.
Paige got Emma some more puzzles. Emma was really excited for the 2 she got.

Ok, So I need to give a back ground story for Mason's gift to Emma. This last Sunday, in one of the ads, was a picture of Hungry Hungry Hippos. Mason walked around the house ALL DAY carrying the ad and pointing at the picture and saying "Hunnry Hunnry Hippo" He was completely into it. Wednesday when I took him to go shopping for Emma's b-day present, He found the game, and wanted to get it. We were hoping to give it to him for Christmas, but after exhausting ALL my options and walking around the store for 30 minutes I decided that there was no detouring him. Every option I gave him he would respond "No. Hunnry Hunnry Hippo!" So we get home, and he carries the game inside (Emma and Paige are in bed because we took so long) and showed Shawn. Shawn just looked at me as if to say "What??" I explained, and then Mason wanted to open it and play. He got SO mad when we put it away. I am sure he though that the game was his. Emma was really happy to get this as a gift, but she had also talked about getting this for Mason for Christmas also. Spoiled those plans.

We played the game for about 20 minutes before it was bath time.
And then they all took a bath together, something that doesn't happen too often anymore.

It was fun to celebrate with Emma, fun to see her get excited about everything that comes with a birthday. It is fun to look back and see the way she has grown.
Happy early Birthday Emma! We love you!

1 comment:

ChrisandTamara said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Very cute cake.