CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh, this week:

Honestly, I really wanted to blog this week. There was so much to write and share and express and, complain about. I have no pictures...and am sad that there were moments I should have been thinking straight, but I wasn't. Here goes the week:

Monday: Lucky, Shawn had the day off. We planned on finishing the applesauce, instead, Shawn finished it. What a good man. I took Mason into the Doctor and exactly what I though, double ear infections, and oh, his right ear drum, burst. Lucky Mason is on 10 days of antibiotics, oral and in his ear. He doesn't like that. While I am at the store getting said prescriptions, Shawn calls. "Don't be mad,..." I am thinking to my self, what in the heck just happened? "Paige just took 3 steps by herself." Ok, not so bad. At least he was there to see it. I wasn't upset. HoNeSt! Like, no kidding, minutes later Shawn called again. "We are buying a house on November 2". Financing was approved and we are HOMEOWNERS!!! I wanted to celebrate, but what do you do when you are at Walmart waiting for your sick boys prescriptions? Oh, then my throat started to hurt...didn't think much about it, but I should have.
Tuesday early Morning, Paige has a temps, and is really hot. Gave her some fever reducer, put her back to bed. As I climb back it bed I get the shivers like I had after I had Emma (reaction to a C-section) and I am thinking, are you kidding me? Few hours later, I am in and out of bed visiting the bathroom to vomit. By morning, I am wondering how the heck I am suppose to take care of Emma, who has to go to school, Mason who is sick him self, and Paige, who is running a fever and anything else could happen now. I didn't even have the strength to go down the stairs by my self. Oh, I felt bad. I couldn't even see straight. Lucky for me, Shawn was able to take a sick day to help. His work was kind enough to move his appointments and he stayed home and babied us...all day. I slept all morning. Woke up for lunch, ate almost nothing, and went back to bed and slept most of the afternoon. Shawn is such a good Dad, but mostly a great Husband. If I didn't know how much he loved me, this week he told me with all the service he has done for me.
Wednesday was a better day, Shawn went back to work. Emma went to school, Mason, Paige and I hung out together and rested. My very kind neighbor even picked Emma up from school so I didn't have to endanger Springville by driving. Nap time, Emma tried to put Mason to bed, got her pillow, a blanket and laid on our bed and fell asleep before I had a chance to get in there. Paige wanted nothing to do with nap time, but I needed her to take one, and I needed one also. I think she was asleep for 15 minutes and Mason slammed his door, which woke her up and because she was now up, Mason thought that he should be up. Emma slept 2 1/2 hours. When she woke up, she had a temp. I could tell Mason was starting to feel more his self and because I was yucky, I didn't take it as good news. Shawn called to tell me the gift we wanted to get Paige for her b-day was sold out in Payson, Springville and that he had one on hold for him till 6pm in Orem. I told him to just hurry cause I needed him home. We had dinner when he got here, and I was in bed at 7:15. I slept off and on until 7am the next morning.
Thursday! Was Paige's 1st Birthday! I felt good when I woke up an was able to get every one dressed by 9:15. That included showers with Daddy for Mason and Paige, and a shower for Emma by herself. 3 loads of laundry was some how done and we had a good morning playing together and enjoying the almost normal feeling in our home. My temp was back to normal, Mason's temp was normal and so was Emma's. I think Paige was normal also, but I couldn't get a good reading and I was not about to do a rectal reading on her birthday. Daddy came home for lunch and brought Paige 2 birthday balloons. Again we tried to nap, which Emma didn't want to do, but Paige started out great and do did Mason until he started coughing and woke Paige and himself up. So we watched a movie and Mama rested on the couch. I made a favorite meal of both Paige and Mason for dinner. Meatloaf, potatoes, and Carrots. I realized at dinner how much my stomach has shrunk just from being sick. Good time to start eating the right size portions. We had birthday day plates, cups, napkins and a Happy 1st Birthday banner for dinner and we then vacuumed the house after we ate. I think Paige enjoyed the day, and I know I felt better.
Friday I have had a huge to do list. Grandma comes tomorrow. Laundry, cleaning , disinfecting everything in sight, packing the out grown clothes away and getting out the new sizes for Paige. I still have to sweep the floor, mop said floor, finish emptying the dish washer, so the dishes, fold 2 load of clean clothes, and maybe bake a cake. I am feeling TONS better, and so are the kids. I noticed that top tooth in Paige's mouth that peeked at us 2 weeks ago and then disappeared, peeked out again today. Wonder if it will stop causing her problems and just come though? My baby is 1 and only has her 2 bottom front teeth.

Emma has her primary program this Sunday. We will probably only go to the first hour of meetings cause everyone around here has been sick and I don't want to take anymore chances that we will catch anything else. She's been working hard on the part she and I wrote for this day. Hopefully I will get a video of her saying her part before she forgets. We will also have cake and a few gifts for Paige on Sunday afternoon while Grandma is here. Hopefully no one else gets the yucks!

P.S. Did I mention how awesome my hubby is.... Thank you Shawn for cleaning the house, folding and putting away laundry, getting up with the kids several times in the night for a few nights so I could get more rest, doing dishes, keeping the house running, doing the shopping, cuddling with our sick babies, reading stories, giving kisses (at a distance) and still going to work to make money so we can enjoy the things we like when we are well. We couldn't have made it through this week with out you and your very positive attitude! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Amy said...

what a week alright!! Good thing ya'll are feeling better. Can't believe it's already been a whole year!!