We have been so fortunate to be on the receiving end of the free apple. The Nebo Clinic in Spanish Fork (where Shawn works) has a tree in the front that has been loaded full of apples. We don't know what kind they are but they are sweet and good. Jokingly a few weeks ago I told Shawn we should pick apples from the clinic and make applesauce with them. A few days later he came home with a box. Our neighbor gave us a bucket of Golden Delicious apples on Wednesday and Thursday Shawn called and said to go to the clinic and get more apples as they have fallen to the ground. The kids and I went and got 3 more buckets of apples. This is what we have been doing all day:
A Little Scare
1 week ago

3 comments:
I haven't made applesauce in years. Good job. Those apples look like Gala. so yummy.
Wow that's a lot of apples. That's great to have all that applesauce. Chris and I have just started getting into canning things this year and last year. This year we did salsa, peaches and apricot jam. And we jarred some dry white beans we gleaned from a local farmer. So nice when orchards and farmers let you glean for free. We also got our peaches for free.
Send me some of them seem to delicious
Post a Comment