We have been talking about getting a new bike for Emma for a while now. Shawn wanted to wait until her birthday, but it is at the end of November. I know that kids get bikes for Christmas all the time, but I think that would be a gift of torture. You can't enjoy a new bike in the winter as much as you can in the summer. We compromised. We got Emma her bike now, and when her birthday comes, we will just not spend much on her gift. Maybe I will even make her gift.
She got a matching helmet to go with her big girl bike. What a crazy girl.
Ok, so these aren't pictures from the day she first got it. I asked Shawn to take some still shots of her while I was video taping, and the still shots never got taken. I could take some from the video I took, but I am too lazy to do that. This was yesterday.
Shawn picked her bike up on his way home from work Saturday. We had dinner, cleaned up and decided to go to the park to fly the kite. I want out to the driveway with Paige, and the camcorder. Shawn took the kids through the garage to get bikes and the kite. The new bike was on the other side of the door. He opened the garage door and you can hear Emma saying in a stern voice "What did YOU do?" Then she looked at me (who was laughing so hard) and asked me where I got it. I told her that I didn't. She looked at Shawn and ran to him, giving him the biggest huge said "Thanks Dad for this Awesome bike!" All night she told everyone we rode past that this is her new bike and had to ask them if the like it. She kept repeating to herself all night "I love my awesome bike". She is so happy.
Emma wouldn't ride her old bike when the training wheels made it wobble, so Shawn fixed it and she started riding. Little by little she has gotten over the fear on the wobble, and this morning while waiting for Mason's bus she saw a bunch a little girls riding their bikes to school. One of the girls was riding a bike that was about the same size Emma's bike is and Emma fixed her eyes on her. She was mesmerized by the fact that she was riding with out the training wheels. After the group turned the corner, she ran over to me and asked me to take the training wheels off her bike. Peer pressure she can be a wonderful thing. We will see what happens. She may change her mind.


No comments:
Post a Comment