CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quick Celebrations

Shawn celebrated being out of High School for 10 years this weekend, I celebrated 29 years of a good life, and as a family, we celebrated our nieces 12th Birthday and my nephews 6th birthday all in a weekend. Yes, it was a busy weekend.
We left Thursday evening only to be confronted with I84 closed for blowing dust and multiple car accidents. So North we went to Pocatello and then on to Boise. The kids were snug in their PJ's and relaxed and when it got dark, they were asleep. We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Sanders at 2:20am.
Saturday, Nampa High School class of '99 had a picnic at a park and included a inflatable bounce house which all the kids loved. It was nice to see familiar faces and catch up with old friends. How much everyone had changed, yet stayed the same.
Emma had a great time with her best friend Alex. They would live together if they had the option. Saturday night we stayed over at his house. Emma and Alex really enjoyed their sleep over. I think that this was Emma's first friend sleep over and I think she's ready to do it again.
I am sure Mason has this on his Christmas list now. He loves to jump and loves laughing while doing so.
Paige had some fun in the bouncer house with Daddy very close. She really had a good day.
Sunday was my Birthday. It is the last year that I am in my 20's. Guess I better live it up.
Shawn was so nice to organize a birthday party with all my family there. Besides my Brothers, and my little sister everyone was accounted for. Shawn was going to steel my phone and get some phone numbers and surprise me by inviting a few friends I still have in the Boise area, but he never got to steel my phone and that was ok. We had quite the crowd with just family there. It was a sweet thought.
My mother cooked a wonderful dinner for all who came and we were fed well. My mother-in-law decorated my beautiful birthday cake. It was good cake.
I received gifts that I really didn't expect, but it was nice to receive. Thank You!
You can't see it in the picture, but my in-laws got me a new hand mixer that I have been wanting. I am so excited that I am dying to do some baking, but I first have to have a place to take the baked goods before I start.

Shawn completely forgot to grab my gifts from him and the kids, so went we got home, I got these:
Last, but no least, I was given a gift that meant everything to me. My grandmother gave me her antique Singer sewing machine. For many it would not be that meaningful, to me, it means everything. I have something from my grandmother, that she used quite a lot. It has been hard for her to watch her possessions go hoping that they will be taken care of like she took care of them. I feel so privileged to have received something that meant so much to her.

This last year has been a good one to me. I struggled through this last year at different times, but I some how came out a better person. I learned that we don't always see the bigger picture, and that sometimes, we just need to trust in a greater being to take our hands a lead us. A year ago, if you told me that I would be living in Utah, I would not have believed you. Only through a string of events have we come, and I have been at peace with this move. There are many reason we see a need for us to be here, now, and we are grateful that Heavenly Father knows the bigger picture, and that he is leading us, to follow His plan.

4 comments:

Amy said...

oh, i'm so jealous. I want a scentsy soooo bad!! Happy be-lated birthday! :)

Campbells said...

Happy birthday!

Curtis and Deedra said...

I didn't realize it was your birthday last weekend when I saw you. Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

ChrisandTamara said...

Glad you had such a fun weekend and birthday. Happy Birthday! The cake is beautiful. What a neat gift to get your grandma's sewing machine/table. And I'm with ya on the baking. I like to bake - we just need to find someone to share the results with. ;-)