CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

This isn't what Shawn went to school for....

But he did an amazing job and saved us a lot of money we didn't have. You may be asking what it is he did. Shawn has ever other Monday off. This last Monday (7/20) was one of those Mondays. He decided to tinker with the lawn mower, which has been on it's last leg for a while now. I thought that he was just going to change the spark plugs, and replace the air filter and be done and see if that helped it run better. Boy was I wrong. Shawn took the engine out the body of the mower, and took the whole engine apart. It was all out on the table in the garage. He cleaned every part and made it look brand new.


Then came the fun of trying to put it back together. We both figured if he fixed it, we saved money. If he didn't, we were only out the money he put in to fixing the problem and we would get a new used lawn mower. With some advice from his Dad, who works on cars, he got some new parts, a new tool and went to work, or should I say play. I have learned in the 15 or so years that I have known Shawn that #1 He is always up for a good challenge. #2 He LOVES to work with his hands. These are 2 great qualities that I love about him. Both of these qualities have saved us a lot of money over the years we have been married and they have also been a blessing to teach me new things also.



Yeah, he looks like he's having fun huh?


Tonight was the big moment to see if it worked.....




And it runs!!! I had a video, but it wouldn't up load. You'll have to just take my word for it.
I told Shawn, he could have been a mechanic and saved us all the money that we put on loans for Veterinary Medicine School. Either way, I am glad he loves his job, enjoys what he does and can still have time to enjoy these little challenges we call break downs.

1 comment:

ChrisandTamara said...

Good job! Glad it works again.