CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

....almost Friday!
Today has been a busy day. I wanted to post my Thankful Thursday this week with pictures, but I haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera yet. If I do that, I won't get to this tonight.
  • The Blessing of Grandparents. I am so grateful that we were able to take our children and go visit my grandparents in Portland, OR for a over night quick trip. We left early Tuesday morning, and came home Wednesday night. It was wonderful to see my grandparents again, and see my kids interact well with them. Tuesday night the kids were so well behaved I almost wondered what happen to my real kids.
  • A courageous husband. We have been thinking about going to North Dakota to interview for a possible job for a while now. We almost did it to. I had a few thoughts run through my head and after sharing them with Shawn, he meditated and prayed about the decision to even visit. We had 1 clinic offer to pay for us to fly out and visit, but it just didn't seem right. He called and declined to visit now and some peace came back to my heart. No, we still don't have a job. Yes, I am sure there will be one.
  • Politeness! I have realized lately that it is so nice to hear how polite that people can be. 1 person I have noticed lately is Emma. When she is around others I hear her use language that I don't hear at home very often and it is nice that she can at least be polite around others.
  • The beautiful World we live in. Upon driving to Portland, I realized how different the landscapes are from here to there and back. It is so wonderful that the world isn't the same no matter where you travel. What a priceless gift we have been given to freely take in and enjoy.
  • A hope, and knowledge that everything will be taken care of. In the almost 6 years Shawn and I have been married, everything has always worked out for the better. It is upon reflecting on this that I know now is no different.
  • It has been 6 years tomorrow since Shawn and I got engaged. I love him more now, than I did then, and he still surprises me every now and then.
  • SHAWN~ he takes such good care of me, and is such a wonderful Dad.

1 comment:

Stillman and Michelle said...

Heather I am so sorry we have not gotten a thank you note out to Emma, but not to worry Alex keepa reminding me. I think he wants a pen pal.