CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Another One?

We just got back from being gone on a long job hunting trip and a week later, I have this feeling that we need to leave on another quick trip. This time, we packed a small over night bag, and headed to Oregon. My Grandparents live in Portland. It has been 2 years since I have seen them last, and I just got the feeling we needed to go. The kids were great! I couldn't have asked for better behaving kids while we were there. It was amazing watching my children interact with my Grandparents. For a time Emma had issues with "older looking" people. Anyone who had wrinkles or white hair she shied away from and didn't want to go near. That has changed and she was so warm and friendly. Due to how blind my grandma now is, she doesn't wear her glasses anymore. Emma noticed that she wasn't wearing them and asked her why. I couldn't believe that she would remember such a small detail. She also noticed how long Grandma's fingernails were and told her how pretty they looked. I took this moment as a teaching moment on not biting our fingernails. Emma told Grandma the next time she sees her, she will have longer nails. Here are a few pictures from our visit.
The kids REALLY enjoyed jumping from the stool to the trampoline over and over. I think that just watching them wore Grandma and Grandpa out.

Mason and Grandpa.

Grandma fell in love with Paige the moment she got her arms around her. Paige was very content sitting with Grandma, but who wouldn't be after sitting in the car seat for 7.5 hours.
Great Grandpa and Grandma Clausen with all the Great Grand kids.


All of us together. It was a fast trip there and back in two days, but well worth it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, yes, JUMPING!!! :-) What a great visit! :-) Also, I love Paige's wide-eyed look in the pic where your grandma is holding her - so cute!!! :-)

Jesse said...

You are a wise woman to follow those promptings! Looks like it was a great visit.

Melina said...

I'm so glad you guys got to make the trip out! And thank you for taking the time to come see me too:D It was so great to meet the kids, and see you again. You have a beautiful family!!