CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lastest Sewing Creations:

No kidding, I grew up with a mom who sewed, so did Shawn. So you would think it would be natural to want to sew. Not me. I have done more sewing in the recent past, and yes, I have enjoyed every project. I wanted to get new valences for the living room, Master bath and something new for the kitchen since the old one didn't go with the remodel colors. I found some reasonably priced valences at Wal-Mart for the living room/dining room, but came up empty for the bath room and kitchen. So...naturally, I decided to make my own.
Here is the Bathroom Valence. It was supposed to have a cute pink border, but I have enough to fit the whole thing:
And the kitchen. It looks blue in the picture, but it is gray. This one I threw together this morning in 3 hours, and also accomplished nursing Paige, feeding and dressing the other 2 and changing a few diapers. It was REALLY easy. You should try it sometime.
I took advantage of the $.99 pattern sale and got a few fun valence patterns for the home I hopefully have. Hopefully in the next 6-9 months I will have more posts and fun valences that I have taken on to add my own touch to a new home.

4 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

Of course I am shaming on you. You should read those books! J/k though. I like your curtains. there cute!

Campbells said...

Cute! I like to make curtains too, except mine never come out straight! they are always a bit crooked!

Liz said...

They look great! Mine always turn out crooked.

Amy said...

would you like to come to my house and make me some? i'm not good with my sewing machine...somehow i can't get it to work