CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Victory!

A few years ago, Shawn and I decided that it would be a good investment to buy a generator. There were 2 really big reasons, 1 for when the power went out in the winter...we could run the pellet stove and keep the kids warm. 2- if the power went out in the summer, we could run our freezer in the shed and not loose all the food we have in the freezer.
Up until yesterday, I had never actually started the beast of a machine. I really isn't that big, but it is bulky and awkward.
The power went out, and with the wind blowing as hard as it was, it didn't take long before the temperature in the house to start lowering. Paige was napping, Mason was napping, and I kept thinking that the Power would come back on soon. Then I had a thought "You have never started this thing, and if it take more time that you plan on, wouldn't it be nice to know that your kids are sleeping and not crying?" So out I went in the wind and rain and snow mix. I wasn't that had, and it worked well. After the pellet stove started running I felt the relief of knowing it worked. I don't know why I thought that it might not, but at least now I know that it doesn't take a lot of time and that it is quite easy to manage. So, if for nothing else, I found a victory and now I don't worry about what I would do if the power went out again:)
*** By the way, right after the warm air was blowing from the pellet stove, the power came back on. I should have waited it out.***

No comments: