CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Canning

Any one who really knows me, knows that I really don't like canning. I don't know if it is because we did it every summer growing up, and I hated that, or if it is the process.. or maybe the heat, I just have never like doing this. However, I have a husband, who dreams of fruit trees in our yard, a garden full of veggies and many other good dreams, but I see me, in the kitchen preserving all of these dreams so he can enjoy them.
While he was in Sunnyside, WA, he had the opportunity to get a box of peaches (20 lbs) for $14.00. Since our family loves peaches, and those you buy in the store, usually disappoint us, we bought 2 boxes. So I spent a total of 3 days, (not all day) canning peaches:

Putting them in the Jars

ready to go into the bath
Peach Butter:) YUM
Last but not least: Peach Jam
I have to say that I don't hate canning peaches...but it isn't my most favorite thing to do. I guess it does say something about me when I have all the supplies to do this canning that I don't like, and I don't have to go out and buy any thing.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Camille said...

uh, you're AMAZING!!!!!!

Amy said...

Mmmm! i'm so jealous! i mean seriously, I HATED canning when i was at home, but now I kinda miss it. I hope that we're able to spend the summer/fall in idaho next year and then I can help mom can! :)

ChrisandTamara said...

Good job! They look beautiful! Chris and I canned peaches for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Whew! That is hard work. I have to say I agree with you - canning is not my favorite thing to do too. It was fun but not fun like I want to do it more than once a year. And I was sure glad when we were done. Although I do want to make some salsa soon.

ChrisandTamara said...

P.S. Love the new playlist. Love Enya!