CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 18, 2008

You know it the 1st Trimester when:


Your husband says "My belt is too loose"!

The other day Shawn made a comment that he needed to get a smaller belt. I asked if he was loosing weight, and he said that he didn't think he was but his belt was feeling loose. I said, "We'll don't you always loose weight during the first trimester of every pregnancy we have?" Yes that is true! It isn't because he is sick with sympathy, but that I stop cooking the foods that we normally eat! We still have dinner every night, but it isn't our usual family dinner. It is fast stuff, that only a tired pregnant mom makes. At least I am still cooking something!
No one is complaining in our house cause life is still better, than it has been in past pregnancies:
  1. Mom isn't throwing up every morning, or all day long!
  2. Mom isn't taking any prescriptions to make sure she isn't throwing up every morning!
  3. The nausea that comes with pregnancy, has been hit and miss!

Unlike with my first pregnancy, I have not been sick enough to stop life as we know it. I don't take any prescriptions, and I don't have to be to "work" to function normally everyday! My second pregnancy was much like my first, only I never took any prescriptions to help with the nausea. Emma and I just dealt with 7 weeks of throwing up every morning. Then all was well! This time around, I have been nauseous, but it is usually triggered by the nasty cough that came with my cold I caught a few weeks back. I wasn't able to shake the cough, until I got this flu bug and a whole new cough started! I would rather have this cough. It doesn't cause to to gag, therefore, I am not trowing up in the morning. What a blessing! I am anxious to get better and to be back to normal, but then again, what is normal in pregnancy?

4 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stillman and Michelle said...

....When you finally lose that stubborn 5 lbs. Its the only good thing about morning sickness

Amy said...

I guess I need to update my comment, otherwise it wouldn't make sense anymore!! tell shawn not to worry because once you get to feeling better again, i'm sure that ya'll are going to be eating just as good as before!

Unknown said...

Very glad you're feeling not-as-queasy this time around! :-) Hope that continues for you!!! :-)