Last week end I did something to my rib, maybe bruised, maybe fractured, we don't know for sure. This has brought on A LOT of pain! I went and had a X-Ray Monday, but nothing showed up on the X-Ray, so my Dr. said I probably bruised it and I should see some relief within a week. Well, the pain has only changed slightly when I am taking Motrin. I know that some day I will look back on this and think, that wasn't that bad... I only wish today was that day.
So in looking at my week...here is my thankful list:
- My husband...so patient and understanding. He also kept house so it didn't start looking like a total disaster!
- Emma, who in her prayers prayed that "Mommy will get better soon", and didn't complain when I asked her to climb in the dryer to reach something that I just couldn't!
- The end of nap time Pillow Talk with Emma
- Mason, who still is a little brute, but makes me hurt from laughing as he holds onto my shirt and sucks his thumb! (very cute)
- My extended family, for including me in their prayers, calling to check in on me, and just letting me know that I will get through this next few weeks of pain.
- that I am not having this pain at 8 months pregnant, or in labor. I seriously think that I would want to pass out from the pain.
- The knowledge that things could be worse, and that they are not.
I know that this next week will be stressful (it's finals week), but I also know that I have done this week twice a year since I got married and we always get through it. I am thankful that this is the VERY last finals week we will ever have! Aside from boards, we are 5 tests away from being done with these very stressful tests!! YEAH...
Good luck Shawn, study hard.... you're almost there!!

3 comments:
Yay!! Ya'll are almost there, and I love being able to read your thankfuls for the day. It helps me look and what I have and be thankful too!! Hope you feel better soon!
Owie!!! Yes, definitely hope you're feeling better soon - and being thankful really does help so much :-).
Consider yourself added to the MacLeod family prayers! We hope you feel better soon---bone bruises can be tough (I saw a physical therapist who specialized in manual therapy for several on my spine and shoulder after a car accident--try that if it doesn't improve on it's own because it totally works.) Also, good luck to Shawn with exams! Malcolm just finished over the weekend!
Post a Comment