
We have been talking about converting Mason's crib to the toddler bed version of the crib for a few months now. I (Heather) have had such a hard time deciding. Mason loved his crib. If he was having one of his terrible melt downs (at least 1 a day) I knew that I could put him in his crib, he would calm down and be happy for a time. I would go in and get him and usually he was all smiles and ready to start again. Some-times he just needed a little more time. Having said this, you might now know why I was undecisive in this matter.

Shawn, anxiously waiting for this step in Mason's life, decided to make the change (while I was out). When I got home Mason was sleeping for his afternoon nap. He looked so peaceful, but the fact that Shawn just did it and didn't make me a part of the decission, made me a little upset.
I try really hard to be nice, but this small trivial thing, really hurt. When he made the change, there was nothing special done. No pictures, no new bed, or bedding, like Emma had, and I guess that doesn't matter, but I would have liked to have been here. Having said that...

Mason LOVES that he can get in and out of his bed. He likes to jump on the bed (we don't like it that much though). Once in a while, I will go into the room and see Emma tucked into Mason's bed and she is pretending that she is sleeping. (She has wanted a toddler bed since she saw one at the store). They don't fight over the bed, and Emma would never let Mason sleep in her bed, but they enjoy each others beds for the time being.
We took pictures after Mason woke up, and some day he will get the toddler bedding that I have been eyeing. Someday Soon!

For the last week, we (I) have been woken up nightly at least 2 times in the night to Mason paying us a visit. For the first few nights he would go to Shawn's side of the bed, but now he knows were I am. I keep praying that I get a full night sleep soon. I am sure that I would take this better if only I would have been part of the decision.
If you are thinking about this change is your house, let your spouse be a part of it. You will be better off for doing so.

1 comment:
So cute!!! Glad he LOOOOVES the bed, too! :-) I'm wondering when our little munchkin will be ready; right now he's content to stay in his bed, though, and that's fine with me. On the bright side of not-much-fanfare accompanying the change, it's possible that he likes the familiar bedding & all - ours is pretty particular about his few routines, so a whole bunch of changes at a time probably wouldn't sit so well with him; Mason might be a lot better with changes in the first place, but "they always say" some familiar things help, too :-). That said, yeah, I'd let Hubby handle the night-time wakings (at least for the first week or so... *evil grin* ;-).
Post a Comment