
Sometimes little things go very unnoticed! The little things are the things that matter most in life, so with that I want to pay complement to where it needs to go.
We have had a few weeks of illness in our home. First, Shawn got ill before we left for Nampa (before Christmas) but it seemed as a regular cold. When we got home, it got really bad. Then he passed it on to Emma, who shared it with Mason. I think that Mason got the worse case of this cold. We have had ear infections, temps, congestion, and deep coughs for 3 weeks now, and I just ran out of juice to keep up with the task of mothering and keeping house. So keeping house got done, but it wasn't up to par. I hate going to bed with dishes in the sink, but night after night, there were some dishes in the sink cause I just couldn't stand there to do them after a really bad day, and there were many bad days with Mason.
Yesterday was Mason's good day. I really wanted to get him out and let both kids to get some energy run off, so I took them to our very little, very slow paced mall to run down the one big hallway! I didn't get home until after Shawn. While he was here by himself, he cleaned up our kitchen and cleared off the table. When I walked through the door he was right there to help get the kids in and coats off and hung, shoes off, and gave them the biggest hugs.
He helped get dinner on the table, and did the dishes after all was said and done.
For most days this wouldn't have meant very much, but this small act of kindness was not so small. Last night for the first time in about a week, I went to bed with a clean kitchen.
What was the cost to him? He has a test today that he completely forgot about, and will spend his lunch hour studying for it, when he had a quiet house last night that he could have used, but he chose not to. How grateful I am for his love for me.
Next Friday night he is taking it all on himself and giving me the gift of time to catch up on some very needed scrapbooking. He makes my life fulfilling and happy. I am so thankful to have my best friend as my husband, my eternal companion!
SHAWN~ THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP OF MY HEART FOR EVERY UNSELFISH THING YOU DO!

1 comment:
Way to go Sean!
Post a Comment