CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Jubilee Days

Every year in Laramie we have a Jubilee days celebration. We have the rodeo, a parade, the amusement rides come to town and there are 3 or so nights of street dancing with food and the like. We were out of town camping last year, but wanted to be here this year. We went to the rodeo Friday night. The evening started with mutton busting for ages 3-8 under 50 lbs. There were a few boys who rode really well, but the arena was all mud so the sheep usually lost its rider as it was trying to keep its footing. I had talked to Carter before we went about this event and he was all excited to ride a sheep next year until he saw the event, then he said he didn't want to do that.

 I thought that I had taken a few more pictures during the actual rodeo, but I must not have cause I don't have any. Here's a picture of us after the rodeo was all done.


 
The next morning, we went to the parade. It is probably the longest parade I've been to. Start to finish was about 45 minutes and there was a lot of great floats and people in the parade.
The cowboys representing the Cheyenne Frontier Days came and the chairmen for all the different events were all on horseback behind the wagon. 
 I can't remember this mascots name.. Cowboy
 Joe maybe?   The kids were happy to shake his hand and say hi. He was walking with the UW cheerleaders an sports athletes.
 Then they had the old time tractors that every town has in their parade. I liked this little tractor cause I'd never seen one before.
 The local reserves walked through also. The special ops team had a soldier on both sides of the street shaking hands with all the children. It was pretty neat to see them interacting with the kids.
 We also had a pickle riding a bike it the parade. Never have seen that before. They were from the store downtown called Sweet Pickles. It's a specialty toy store that Paige loves to visit from time to time.
When the parade ended with the street sweepers it was raining and we got a little we getting back to the car. It was really fun and the kids enjoyed the candy they collected. We will defiantly attend again...and maybe next year, the clinic will have a float and we can throw candy instead! 

No comments: