I feel so blessed to have been able to access the power of the
priesthood all my life. There are many who have the blessing of having a righteous worthy father who hold and bear the priesthood in the home as a child, but do not have that blessing as an adult due to no fault of their own. There are also those who were not raised in the church and as such, did not have those blessings as a child, but now as an adult have that blessing through their husband. I have both. I love the miracles that can be performed through the Savior's power, the Priesthood power. There have been times in my own life when I have needed a physical voice to give me comfort, direction or a blessing of healing and I find that in receiving priesthood blessings. It is also through the power of the priesthood I was able to follow the example of Jesus Christ and was baptised for a remission of my sins. As an adult, I made covenants in the Lord's House, The Temple, and did that through the power of the priesthood. I served a mission to teach people about the saving ordinances that were there for them through the power of the priesthood. Through the priesthood, I was married, sealed, to my best friend and together we became one and started a family, an eternal family that even death won't separate us. My life has been filled with rich blessings from heaven through the Priesthood all because a
boy who at 14 didn't know what church to join. When he sought the Lord's help through prayer, he was instructed to not join any of them, and that he had a work to do. Through
Joseph Smith, Heavenly Father restored Christ's church back to the earth, the same church that existed in the times of Christ. I am so thankful to have the knowledge that He lives and loves us and blesses us daily so that we can become all that we are to be. The priesthood is His power and through Him and the priesthood power, we will return to live with God one day. Of this I have the utmost gratitude for and a testimony of. I share this with you, whom ever you may be, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment