CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 27: The gift of Motherhood

8 years ago today I became a mother. It was something I thought about all the time growing up and was what I wanted to be when I "grew up". Shawn and I entered the sacred duty of being parents and although we knew life would change, I don't think either one of us knew how much.  

 This little girl is our oldest, so we make most of our parenting mistakes on her, ask for forgiveness often and try again. Her clock ticks to it's own rhythm and at times that drives the crazy in us out. She can be very helpful, loving and kind when she wants to, but it has to be her idea.  She is very headstrong and knows what she wants. Emma, like most kids loves attention, and she will get what ever attention she can from anyone who will give it. She will claim to be shy, but she is not. Emma is smart, inquisitive and bright. She has always excelled in everything she given as soon as she decides she's going to give it her all.  The last 8 years have gone by quickly. A lot has happened in her short life so far. She has lived in 5 different states, attended 3 different school and lived in 6 different houses.  Because of all the changes in her life, Emma adapts well to her surroundings and accepts things as they are. I am grateful that Emma is my oldest, and even though we knock heads every so often, I know that she is making me into the Mother that I am.  I am thankful for her energy and her ability to love. I hope that Emma will find in her a strong testimony of the Savior and stick to that testimony to help guide her though life.  I hope that I can be a good example to her of doing just that. 
Happy 8th Birthday Emma!

No comments: