CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 22: Cooking talent

As a child, and a teen, I had no interest in learning how to cook with my mom. I didn't pay much attention to anything she tried to teach me, but I think I learned the basics. When I moved away from home, my cooking skills didn't get better, they stayed mostly the same, easy things only.  It wasn't until after Shawn and I were married and after Emma was born and I was at home with her all day that I decided that cooking dinner had to become more exciting than simple, easy things.  I started little at a time and soon, I wasn't afraid of anything.  Today I made a simple Thanksgiving dinner for our family. The turkey was so awesome looking and the taste was just as awesome. We had yams with marshmallows like my Grandma Jones would make, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and stuffing. I made a scratch pumpkin pie that if I would have thought ahead about the elevation change, it would have turned out more awesome. It was still fine.  I was thinking about how important my hands are to me while I was working on dinner tonight and an so thankful that I have working hands that allow me to expand the talent and love I have developed for cooking.  I am thankful my Heavenly Father blessed me with the talent to make good, healthy (most the time) ,wholesome food for my family. It would be boring if I had no idea or ability to put together a meal for our family.

No comments: