CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catch up

Today has been an awful day. Emotionally and mentally I'm drained. Maybe the stress of this whole messy move is finally catching up to me, but I think I need to think about what I am grateful for. I'll do a recap of the things I thought about while I was without Internet.  Here goes:

November 14:  We FINALLY got keys to a house. It's a 4 bed, 1 1/2 bath with a little cubby for my craft room. I don't think a bed would fit in that room...actually maybe. It is about the of little room I lived in for a time at my parents house before it was tuned into the laundry room...not kidding. We had help moving in from a few men in our new ward. They even helped put the beds, the table and the dressers together. It was so nice to sleep in our own beds again.  The kids think the house is amazing. There is a crawl space under the house that you can access from a closet in the hall.  Shawn opened it up to check out the water heater and furnace and the kids all think that this house is the coolest we've lived in yet. The house was built in 1975 and the rooms are bigger than any house we've lived in, but the kitchen is about as small as our trailer kitchen was in Pullman. It will take some adjustment on my part. When I take some time to take pictures, I'll post some. I think I'll wait till all the boxes are gone...almost.

November 15: I am thankful that my Dad is here to help me. Shawn is out with the current owner of the Clinic meeting the clients of the Buffalo herd he will be working with. My dad has helped me unpack and move boxes. I don't know how I would get anything done with out his help.

November 16: I am thankful that both Mason and Emma started back and school today and so far I am in love with the school. It was the most pleasant experience registering them yesterday as I met most everyone I needed to and I went home with who their teachers were and what they needed to bring to school the next day. Thinks are looking up for their education.
I am also thankful for a chiropractor who helped me start moving again. Paige slept in our bed night before last and since I've been having troubles breathing and moving certain ways kills me. I'm pretty sure I had a rib out and after adjusting me and getting me back to normal, I feel I can start functioning like a human again. Sad my Dad flew home today, but glad he made it safe. The Laramie Airport is teeny tiny!

November 17: I'm thankful we took a break from the unpacking today and got out. We went to Cheyenne and did some shopping and comparisons. Cheyenne is smaller than Nampa is population wise and has just about everything they have in Nampa. It's a nice little town.  It was so good to get out.

November 18: I am grateful I attended church. After being gone from regular church meetings for 3 weeks due to having Stake Conference before we moved, it was good to be in our regular meetings again.  The Bishop and one of his councilors came to visit and we enjoyed getting to know them. Shawn said he feels old in this ward as there are a lot of students and the Elders all talk about class schedules and school. There are a few good families who are here for jobs and we hope to get to know everyone soon.

November 19: I am grateful for the kids' school councilor. She has everything in place for Mason's testing that needs done and has already scheduled his IEP meeting. She is on top of things and I know that nothing is being swept under the rug cause they don't want to deal with it.  I am also grateful I had Shawn with me for the morning to help with the grocery shopping and to get things ready for Thanksgiving dinner.  Much better to shop with a friend than by yourself.

November 20: I got the kitchen unpacked and started working on the office.  I put our desk and computer together again by my self.  I did that when we moved to Oregon.  I am glad I won't have to do it again for a while.  I love that the hall from the family room to the kitchen is finally box free.  

November 21: I am thankful that the pumpkin pie I made looks like it will work. I didn't adjust the recipe at all for the elevation change, and had to adjust the cooking time after I cooked it for the time the recipe called for and it was obviously not done. I'm going to have to do some research and learn the high elevation cooking tricks.  That was probably the only good thing that happened today....like I said, it's been a hard day.  Oh, and I'm grateful we finally have Internet again. and a home phone and TV...the last one though, it's a big deal to me.  Shawn will get to watch what ever is left of the Boise State football season though and that makes me happy cause he's happy.


No comments: