I can't believe we officially have a first grader and a second grader. They were so excited about their first day of school. Mason could hardly wait to get ready to leave. All the kids and I piled into the car and headed over to his school to drop him off. He as his own desk with his name on it. I saw where they sat him and thought to myself "that's going to be interesting", he was moved a day later. He is doing very well in school and likes his teacher this year. He has a pretty cool class room that is slit into two. He is loving all that there is to do and learn.
Emma had a rougher start to the day. The shirt she had picked out to wear had stains on it and she and I couldn't get things together. After Mason was dropped off at school we swung by K-Mart and she picked out this cute shirt. As we were getting ready to leave the house to head to school she had a meltdown just from the nerves and stress of the morning. We had a little cuddle time and she put on her smile and started he first day of second grade with a smile on her face and hopes of making some new good friends in her heart.
Emma is doing awesome in school. She is excelling in spelling, writing and reading. She recently got a excellence in Handwriting award in her class. She was one of 3 kids in the whole school who got that award. Her teacher is awesome this year and is making all the kids be more accountable for their actions. This has made Emma rethink some of the things she does and has helped her to act a lot better and be more responsible. Many of the teachers at the school love Emma and all the energy at heart. It always surprises me how many people know who I am even when I have no clue as to who they are, it's that way because I am Emma's mom and everyone knows Emma. Emma likes to do her homework on the bus so she doesn't have to do it when she gets home. Her bus ride home is 5 minutes. I think that some of her home work is too easy for her or it would not be done on the bus. We are so glad this stinker is ours and that she is excelling in school.



No comments:
Post a Comment