CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Portland, Oregon Zoo

June 9, we took the kids to the Portland Zoo for the first time. This was so exciting to me, as this was the zoo I went to when I was a child. Some things have changed since I was there last, but for the most part it's still the same and it brings back some good memories of some fun field trips I took in grade school.
 You know when you go to places that have lookouts and they have the binoculars that you pay to use.  They have them all over the zoo, and the kids took turns trying to see out of them. Paige is the only one I caught on camera.  I think it's so funny how hard she's trying to see nothing.

 There is an area of the zoo dedicated to farm animals and the farm. The kids liked playing on the tractor, and the tractor seats. Sadly we were there when the animals exhibits were closed, but then again, our kids know what farm animals are and they get to see them in their real habitat. 


 We stopped in the Lorikeet Landing to feed the Lorikeets. All the kids got a kick out of the Lorikeets landing on their hand or arms or sitting on the fence to eat out of a cup of liquid they were holding.


 Mason could hardly contain his excitement and had to have help holding still enough to let the Lorikeet eat out of his cup. He had to be reminded several times to be a little quieter too.  


We didn't make it to see the elephants or the penguins on this trip and everyone was a bit sad, but it was dinner time and Carter is no patient meal waiter so we knew it was in our best interest to leave and get dinner in his tummy before he made everyone crazy.  As we were walking to the exit Mason let everyone know that he wanted to live at the zoo. We are happy he liked it so much.

No comments: