In Oregon, as with many other places we've lived, one of the things we most enjoy is the sunsets. This just happened to be a night when I had my camera outside and I was able to catch a few shots. You can also see the drops of water falling off the leaves of the tree from the sprinkler being on.
This year we decided to try out some container gardening. After looking on youtube and watching several tutorials of what options we had for container gardens, we decided on recycling some of the totes we had with kids clothes in them. We planted beans and then added some tomato cages later so they could grow up instead of all over.
The kids got carrot seeds in one of their kids meals from Burgerville and wanted to plant carrots. Maybe we should have just tilled up a row in the grass to grow the carrots, but we got a deep tote and attemped to plant container carrots.
We also planted 2 different types of tomatos. Mason brought home a cherry tomato plant and we planted a big tomato plant. We tried out a zucchini, summer squash and butternut squash. I'm hoping I get some produce this summer. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.
In the corner of the yard we have a lavender plant growing. It smelled so good while it was in bloom in the spring. The kids picked the flowers all the time and brought them in the house which brought with it a lovely smell.

No comments:
Post a Comment