CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Eve


The kids are sitting in the living room watching 2009's family home video and I was just thinking of how big of a year that was for our family.  We traveled a lot trying to find a job.  We moved very quickly from our house in Pullman to our rental in Springville, UT and then we bought a house 6 months later in Payson, UT.  I'm not sure I felt that year the way I've felt this year.  
We're half way through this year, and we've endured a job change, a new house, a new state and new schools, you know all the "new" stuff that comes with moving.  I came into this move feeling like it would be an adventure and trying to look at the positives to change, but I really didn't know what I was in for emotionally when the move actually took place.  Now 4 months later, I still wish for my old home in Utah, the job Shawn had and the comfort of wonderful teachers and schools and friends.  I know that we are blessed still even though this time isn't what I pictured it being.  I know that this time is testing my faith, and that my faith is going to win.  I know it will because I have the Lord on my side, and my husband by my side. 


This Father's Day Shawn is on call.  If tomorrow is anything like the other Sunday's he's been on call, he won't be here much.  We will still celebrate him.  I am so glad that he is the father to the children I have had.  He is so loving, attentive, caring and nurturing.  He will often times get up in the night with the kids so I can sleep, and even when I'm not sleeping, he's up with us.  He works so hard to provide for our needs. He never complains about working.  He has such a wonderful work ethic and I know I'm not the only one who sees it.  He takes pride in the things he does and if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.  He even goes along with my hair brain ideas when I ask him to build me some earth boxes to try to grow carrots in.  He's supportive to me even when I may not be completely supportive to him.  I have no idea how I got to be so lucky to marry a man who is so good.  I am so grateful to celebrate this Father's Day and the blessing it is to him to be A Father. 


No comments: