I've always said that moving can be an adventure. Living in one place then going to another. Sounds like an adventure to me, but not this time. EVERYTHING about moving really wasn't an adventure this time around. Maybe something about having a newborn and not sleeping much made the difference.
We had a lot of help (thank you) and a lot for family help and yet, when it came time, I just wasn't ready. I knew this was going to be hard, but I didn't know how hard it was till I was in the thick of it. We got the biggest you drive truck there is and started in the early afternoon on February 15. We finished packing the truck with help from the ward by that evening. Not every thing fit, so we planned to pick up a trailer in the morning. The young women and a few neighbors came over to help me clean.
The next morning, I took the kids to Suzi's and Shawn and my Dad went to get the trailer from u-haul. They then attempted to load it, but it was too small also. Back to u-haul to get a bigger trailer. By this point, I had been in tears over the empty house, the emotional good bye and just everything in general. We were suppose to be on the road to Idaho by then and it wasn't going they way it should have. Both kids could have good to school another day. They would have liked that. We finally pulled out of Payson around 3:15 pm. It was so hard to say good bye to our home, maybe because I knew we were not going to be living there, but renting it and not knowing how they would take care of it.
Emma rode in the truck with Grandpa Clausen who drove to Nampa the first night. It was a long ride. At least the weather was nice to us.
Grandpa wanted to see how much the truck, trailer and all our belongings weighed. He stopped at the weigh scale in Utah on our way out of the Salt Lake Valley. There it is, 30,680 lbs.
The Brigham City Temple was off in the distance. It looked near completion from where we were... but I'm sure they still have a ways to go. I'm sure the members there are so excited.
We got to Nampa around midnight I think...may be a little sooner, but not much. I don't remember now.
The next morning we traded truck riders and put Mason in the truck, and Shawn drove. My Dad was so happy to finally be home after helping us in Utah for 2 1/2 weeks.
Emma, Paige and Carter rode with my in the Van to Oregon. They had the DVD player going the whole time.
I took some pictures along the route. We took this exit and took hwy 20/26 instead of staying on I84.
And this is what it looked like.
Shawn and I played cat and mouse the whole way. I would drive as far ahead of him as I could before I'd have to stop and nurse. While nursing, he'd pass me, then once we got back on the road I'd catch back up to him. I handed out lunch in Burns and we got back on our way.
The weather was good till be got to the West side of Sisters, Oregon. Then it rained the rest of the evening.
This picture was driving through the Cascade's between Sisters and Sweet Home.
Shawn and I caught back up to each other in Lebanon and he followed me the rest of the way to our new neighborhood. When we got there we had many waiting for us as we were about 15 minutes later then we told them, which was really an hour and 15 minutes. I did a walk through of the house with the land lord while things were being moved in and it just pure hectic. We were so happy to finally be here.

No comments:
Post a Comment