It's true, we're crazy parents. Friday night January 20 Shawn and I decided we needed to get on the road and head to Oregon for a few job interviews. But, we decided that we would leave Saturday morning. That was the most sspontaneous trip we've ever taken with the kids.
I made arrangements with my mom to leave the 3 older kids with her for the week, called my Cousin Dan to make arrangements to stay with his family in Oregon for the week then started packing clothes. The weather for the trip was not the nicest. It rained harder than I ever remember Utah having the day we left and when we got to Ogden, it was snowing and sticking.
We made it to Mountain Home Idaho when my kids ate at Jack in the Box for the very first time. The girls had breakfast. They thought it was really fun. The restaurant was really cold. I wanted to be home wrapped in a blanket.
When we got to Nampa, we went straight to Shawn parents house as all the cousins were there. Here are the newest ones, Carter and Tearsyn. They were due at the same time, but Carter is a month older since he was early and she was a little late.
Do you know how hard is is to get a good picture of 11 kids 8 and younger?
Sunday Shawn, Carter and I drove the rest of the way to Oregon. We stayed at my cousins house in Keizer near Salem and Shawn's first interview was in Silverton, Oregon. It is a beautiful area, but I had a hard time finding any homes for rent to look at that would be big enough to house our family. I don't think a 2 bed 1 bath will do with 6 people. Both Shawn and I had the feeling that this was not the place for our family, but it was nice to visit.

The next stop was in Albany, Oregon. This time I didn't go with him, I just stayed at my cousins. Carter came down with a cold and I wanted to keep him in if I could. Shawn left Albany with mixed feelings and pros' and cons' but not a no or a yes feeling about this job.

My cousin has a family Dr. in the ward who came over to listen to Carter that Wednesday evening. During the day he seems just to have a bit of a cold, but by evening he started coughing and started sounding croupy. The Dr. proscribed him some steroids and some nose drops so while Lisa took me to the pharmacy, Shawn and Carter chilled out for a while.
Thursday we drove back to Nampa. Carter slept quite a bit, but he still coughed and had a nose drip. He slept better in his car seat that was slanted upright than he did in his bed that was flat.
For the first time ever I let that baby sleep in bed with me for several nights as it helped him get better night sleep, and allowed me to sleep some too. Shawn interviewed in Caldwell also, but the interview was dissatisfying and disappointing. We would have had to take a huge pay cut to move there, and he would also be working longer hours and less benefits. It just didn't make since to make that move.
Shawn accepted the job in Albany after much prayer. At least the trip wasn't worthless, but fruitful.

No comments:
Post a Comment