CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 has was so good to us. As the holiday neared, we have had some challenges, which I will post about soon, but with the challenges, we have also seen many blessings.
This year we only put up one tree. We have 2, but with have Carter and all the happenings with a new baby, I decided that we would just put up the family tree this year. It looked beautiful on Christmas Eve.
Our sleep Christmas Eve was probably one of our worst nights we had had since bringing Carter home. He didn't sleep good, so that meant we didn't either. The girls had us up bright and early though and we pretended that we were not tired the least bit. We let the kids open their stockings, and all of them loved what they got from Santa. He did good this year. See the hand truck in the picture? Santa didn't wrap this gift and he just stuck a bow on it. When the girls got up they saw the hand truck and ran to our room to tell Shawn he had a gift that was so big it didn't get wrapped and that it was "outside". I am sure then meant outside the bedroom, but it sparked Shawn's curiosity. I jokingly said Santa brought him a new truck, and he knew that was a joke. Too bad I couldn't really get a new truck for him. Next Emma and Paige rolled the hand truck into the bed room. I think they were more excited about it than Shawn was.

Shawn got a new watch in his stocking. Now maybe he will keep time and be on time more often.
Paige got some new baby clothes for all her dolls. Hopefully she won't get the grand idea to dress Carter up anytime soon.
Emma made us an ornament at school with her picture on it.
Mason got a construction set that he and Paige were excited about.
Paige got Mason some Chuggington trains he was really happy about.
We got to the point that we had to send one of the kids under the tree to get the rest of the gifts. I wasn't sure Mason was the best choice, but he didn't knock down the tree.
Carter had a good first Christmas, Emma got him a sleeper,
and Mason was so excited to give him a onesee that said "Little Brother" on it.
Paige got him a car piggy bank. She's been excited to give it to him since before he was born.
He got a sleeper and a crib sheet from his Aunt and Uncle and a stuffed lion from his other Uncle.
Mason got me some very comfortable slippers and was so happy to hug me and tell me he loves me after I opened them. He was so cute.
All our kids have been asking for pillow pets for a while now. This year my sister Amy and her husband gave all of the kids the pillow pet they had been asking for. It was so fun to watch how excited they got when they opened them.


Shawn and I got a blanket from Shawn's parents. I think they don't think we have enough blankets for when they come to visit.
Shortly after everything was all said and done, Mason got out his construction set and put it on. He looks so cute and ready to help his dad finish that basement.
We had a small, quiet Christmas and that was very okay with us. Thanks to all who gave us gifts. We are so blessed!

3 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

We only put up one tree this year two. Thanks for the pictures! Miss you!

Heather said...

Miss you too Michelle!

Amy said...

I'm so happy they loved their gifts and that you guys had a fun christmas!! I love all the pictures!