We had planned to go to Temple Square to see the lights on December 2, but because of some sick kids, cold temps, and a tired pregnant body, we decided not to go. Probably a good decision because if you remember I went into labor Dec. 3 at 3am. I'm pretty sure that I would have gone into labor sooner had I walked around temple square that night.
We decided that we would head up to Salt Lake to see the lights December 27. My childhood friend Melina has been here this week, and she had never been to Utah before so we thought a trip to temple square would be fun with all the lights and nativity displays. It was SO fun.
I think this is our first family picture with Carter, too bad you can't see his face.
We listened to the nativity read from Luke 2 between the tabernacle and the visitors center. The nativity displays were so real looking. It was wonderful.
The reflecting pool had floating lights in it and a floating nativity. I don't remember the floating lights from a few years ago. It was so beautiful.
When we walked past some of the fountains with to pools Emma and Mason asked if they could have some coins to throw into the ponds. I told them I didn't have any change on my and Emma quickly asked if I had any coupons to throw into the pond. I laughed so hard!
It has been a long time since Melina and I have been able to spend time together. It was nice to have her help this week, and even nicer to talk and catch up. She has always been such a good friend and a great support.
The temperatures weren't too cold, and Carter did amazing on his first long outing. He liked the baby carrier and it was nice to have all of us out of the house and doing something fun.
We left temple square as they were locking up the gates. I've never been there when they were doing that before. We stopped at Denny's and had desert while I nursed Carter, changed him and got him ready for bed. Mason ordered hot cocoa and guzzled down his first glass so he got a refill. The waiter found it humorous that he drank it so quick. After he asked for more the waiter asked up if there was anything we needed and Mason smiled and quickly added he wanted Ice Cream. We all just laughed. I wish I took a picture of our desert outing as we never do that, but being busy with Carter, I forgot. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment