It's been forever since I've written a Thankful Thursday post, and last night I was thinking about the things that I love last night, and had the thought to blog about some of them. My Thankful Thursday was fun, and I should do it again, but, I know it would have to be scheduled...
I Love my husband! There are so many reasons why I love him, but one of the biggest reasons is because he loves me. He helps me in so many ways. I'll name a few from just the last 2 days. Saturday, our primary had an Ice Cream social to celebrate all the months we took to learn the Articles of Faith. This wonderful husband of mine not only helped me lug all my kids, but all the stuff for the activity, and he volunteered to help dish our the ice cream. I was so thankful for ALL the teachers who came to help. Shawn carried 2 long tables from the Nursery room, all the way across the parking lot and back, just cause I thought it would be easier to have them instead of serving ice cream over a picnic table. No complaining from him.
When we got home, he took the kids to the basement and helped them clean up the toys and got the house ready to vacuum. He washed Mason's and our bed sheets, then remade the bed. He vacuumed the house. I went to the General Relief Society Meeting in Salt Lake. Shawn kept the kids and they played, cleaned, ate and watched some Boise State football. I heard all about it the next morning. He even read with them before putting them in bed...not typical behavior for a BSU football night.
Yesterday we kept the kids while I went to a meeting after church, and getting home late I was sure I would get some kind of talking to about being home on time. Nope, he was busy in the kitchen working on dinner and just asked how the meeting was and what we got figured out. So supportive. We ate dinner in the back yard, enjoyed time together and then, he sat down with Emma and listened to her read to him for 45 minutes. He is a super dad!
I know I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.
Conference talks that uplift. President Uchtdorf gave such an amazing talk at the Relief Society conference. I love his sense of humor and the love he radiates as he speaks. I love that he reminded me that doing all I can do, is good enough and to quit comparing myself and my weaknesses to the strengths of others. Sometimes it can be so hard to see our talents and our strengths because we want to be perfect. But we are not. We can not. That is why we are on this earth. To learn and improve. Heavenly Father knows that and he does not judge us according to our weakness, rather our strengths and how we use them. If you didn't get a change to listen to his talk, I strongly encourage you to do so.
The change in season, is upon us in more than one way. Summer is turning to fall and the air is more crisp. The leaves are changing. It feels so wonderful. The season of my life is about to change as we add this new baby to our family. I find myself thinking and pondering about how I will help my children adjust to having a new baby in our home. It's a good season to be in. When new babies are in our homes, I always feel a little closer to my home in heaven.
Growing and Learning Pains. Emma and Mason are loving school. I love their teachers as they do, but I love them for different reasons. They want my kids to be successful and they are so helpful to me in helping them be successful at school. Emma has struggled with pushing the limits, but her teacher isn't afraid to talk to us about what really is going on. We have talked to her and prayed with her and she has had fathers blessings. She will always have her good and bad days, but we know that she wants to be good. It is amazing to me how quickly she learns new things. She has also taught me a few lessons on consistency with her and how she needs more one on one time. One blessing of having a spirited child.
Mason is in love with school. I love how happy he is to wake up and get ready for the day. It always starts my day off right. I don't know if this will last forever, but I am soaking it in while it is here. He is so quick to tell Shawn and I how much he loves us, and we hear it several times a day. Last week I went to his teacher and asked for her to send some homework home with him. He is so excited to learn, he's been doing Emma's homework. He love reading, hates writing, and wants to be involved in everything Emma does. His writing has improved so much in just a few weeks. Shawn and I were surprised how well he did with his writing homework. So much improvement since he's started school!
I love how cute Paige is. It is so fun for me to have this one on one time with her. She surprises me everyday with something creative and cute. We've been working on potty training and she gets so excited to go pee pee on the toilet. We still have accidents, and she still insists that she can do it "by myself", but she's slowly getting it. I can't wait till I can say I love that Paige is potty trained and we're outta this stage.
Life is good. Life isn't perfect. It all depends on our outlook and how we see things, and today, I want to see life in a good, happy way.

No comments:
Post a Comment