CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

An Untimely Loss, A celebration of life

My brother's oldest Son was killed in an accidental shooting Friday Night, October 22. We got the news about the shooting, but nothing more just as we got back from celebrating Paige's 2nd Birthday. It really dampened my spirits and it was a great thing that the kids were heading to bed. I called my brother as soon as the kids were in bed. That was the hardest, most uncomfortable call I have ever had to make, but it had to be done. My heart was breaking for him, for Kim his wife and for their other kids. We didn't know for sure he was killed, but everything up to that moment, told us it was so. I called back a while later to see what was going on, and as I was on the phone with my other brother, Michael, who was there for David, the news from the Police came. He was killed and they were not going to be allowed to see him. Such heart wrenching pain, and such sadness came. I could hear in the background of the phone call the hurt and pain my sister-in-law was feeling. As I got of the phone, plans started being made for my trip to Idaho to be at the funeral and to be around to help my Brother and Sister-in-law. I didn't sleep well that night, heck, I am sure no one in my family did. It just really wasn't reality. No one ever thinks that something like this will happen to their family, and when it does, there is no way to prepare for it.
My nephew Jason, had been out bird hunting with 2 of his closest friends. As they came home, they took pictures at the truck of the birds they had shot and he text them to his mom. As they were carrying the guns to the garage to be cleaned, one of the friends almost dropped his gun and as he caught it, it went off. There was a bullet in the chamber. They thought that they emptied them, but it was not so. Jason was shot, and killed instantly. So sad. So hard. We pray for his friends, their families and everyone who was involved that night. No one should ever see something like that, no one should have to experience it.

The funeral was Saturday, October 30, 2010. It was a great service. A few of his friends shared memories, gave him some sentimental shirts and we were touched. My sister put together a slide show of pictures through out his life. I only wish I knew him better. It was well attended. Jason made a difference in the lives of all he met. The pallbearers were his friends, those he was closest to, those he played ball with. Jason played Baseball since he was 5 and all his teammates dressed in their uniforms to show their respect for him, and for his family. They all signed his jersey, something that will be framed and treasured for a lifetime.










Jason's jersey being given to his mom, Kim.

Out of respect to my brother, his wife and the rest of our family, these pictures are the only ones I feel should be shared. This was was very intimate and we know the feelings that were there, should be left to those who felt them, and not to pictures that can be shared on the internet.

Jason,

You are loved by many. You are missed by many also. I know we'll see you again. Thanks for being apart of our lives. Thanks for the light you shared and the love you gave. We will always remember you and smile for what you were, and I will always think of what more you're becoming on the other side. As I know, life doesn't end here on earth, but goes on for eternity. I look forward to meeting you in Heaven when my day comes and seeing what you've learned and how you've grown. We'll watch over your Mom and Dad and keep them in our prayers as their road to healing may be a long one. Thanks, Jason, for being apart of our family. You will be missed, but never forgotten.

Loves to you, Aunt Heather

1 comment:

Curtis and Deedra said...

I had the hint that you guys were in town but I had no idea this was the reason. My heart aches for your family and all involved. I'm so sorry for your loss.

*hugs*